Thursday, February 2, 2012

Make Money, Reduce Clutter AND Save the Planet...

thredUP has a great new program...thredUP Concierge. It's so simple and so helpful and free (actually you get money), I can't believe they're the first to do this. The first step is to sign up and request a bag. They mail you the bag and you stuff it full of clothes that you no longer want/need. Then put the bag outside your front door, it gets picked up by your mailman and then thredUP PAYS YOU for the clothes via PayPal! The bag is free as is shipping both ways.  I just signed up and can't wait to stuff a bag.  Interested?  Keep reading for more details...
thredUP upcycles your used clothing and sells boxes via their website.  They only want top-quality clothing.  No rips, stains, tears, etc.  It should be clothing that you would still put your kids in (but maybe you just don't share the same taste with the great-aunt who gifted it!).  And they don't want ten-year-old hand-me-downs, only current styles.  Here's a list of what is and is not accepted.  Here's the kicker: you get what they give you and it's non-negotiable.  So you must be comfortable with that up front. All clothes deemed unacceptable for sale will be donated to charity.

I can't wait for my bag to arrive.  I'm looking at this as a way to reduce clutter, make sure the piles of unused  clothes around my house get used, and if I make a few bucks, that's a bonus!  Stay tuned... In the meantime, order a bag and let me know how it goes!

Not into the concierge service, but looking to buy some upcycled clothing for your kids? Spring into like-new kids' clothes! 20% off your first box of pre-loved spring clothing. Use code SPRING20 at check-out. Shop Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment