Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Greatest Baby GIfts to Give and Get

I had three babies in 22 months (yes, a set of twins!). That means my house is covered, literally, with baby gear, toys, clothes, etc. Some of it I bought and a lot of it was given to us as gifts. We have received so many fantastic gifts - many that I would not have splurged on myself - but that I am so grateful to have received.

So here is a list of gifts that me...and my babies...have loved and used time and time again.  I plan to continue to add to this list so check back and see what's new.

BLANKETS
I am amazed at the sheer number of blankets I go through on a daily basis - particularly how many I went through in the early months.  Thick, thin, big, small...they all get used!  Some of the most versatile are the muslin blankets that have made a come back recently.  Aden and Anais are among the best known and their line at Target is about the most affordable.  Summer Infant makes a similar blanket, typically at more afforable prices.  For more plush blankets (that can often be monogrammed with the baby's name), try the Pottery Barn Kids Chamois Stroller Blanket,  Little Giraffe for total baby luxury,  and of course, handmade blankets (check Etsy if you aren't able to knit one yourself).

SLEEP SACKS
We are a sleep sack house!  My kids just plain sleep better when they're wearing them.  Since blankets are a no-no, sleep sacks take their place.  Our favorites are from fleece sacks from Halo (for colder nights) and muslin sacks from aden + anais.

STEP STOOLS
Once your toddlers get moving and climbing, step stools are a must!  Washing hands, brushing teeth, etc. are all best done with a step stool.  The Puzzle Name Stool is by far my favorite!  My son loves the puzzle and the stool and it is used daily.

SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE
Want to stay up on the latest trends?  Try a gift subscription to a service like Citrus LaneBabbaCo and bluum.  These are monthly subscription services that send out a great box each month filled with the latest and greatest of baby goods. Gift subscriptions are available in three, six and twelve month increments and make relatively affordable and truly unique gifts. Citrus Lane boxes include full-size items including toys, baby food, etc. and include much more value than the cost of the box.  bluum boxes feature more sample sized items as a way to try things out.  BabbaCo boxes are filled with activities and the necessary supplies and are geared towards toddlers and younger kids.

EXPERIENCES
Babies and toddlers have so much stuff!  Sometimes the best gifts are an experience, rather than a "thing".  GymboreeKindermusik and The Little Gym all offer gift certificates which can be used towards the purchase of classes for babies through school-age kids.  These classes are all great ways for kids to socialize, build life-long skills and have a whole lot of fun.

Most of these items are very affordable, or at least come in a range of prices starting at afforable and continue to go all the way up to "is the papa razzi following your baby?"  Some of my favorite places to buy baby gifts have been online sites like Plum District and Living Social, which frequently offer discount vouchers to boutique baby stores and sellers of personalized gifts.  It's also a great place for "experience" type gifts and vouchers.

3 comments:

  1. I am over from the Bloggy Moms blog hop! Those subscriptions sound really great ...wish I'd known about them when I was a new mum. Pop over and say hello on my blog any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've never heard of those types of subscriptions before! Esepcially the Citrus Lane site, that looks great. I'm trying to think of who I know who is having a baby so I can use it.. haha!

    Visiting from Bloggy Moms! Please return the love :D

    http://eightdaysaweekmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gift is very important part for our life these days your blog is completely good for me.This blog provide us all the needy information.Baby Gifts Ireland and Baby Gifts Online

      Delete